M.2 256 GB Samsung SSD 950 PRO
SSD 950 PRO - SSD format M.2
- Capacity: 256 GB
- Format: M.2
- Interface: PCIe 3.0 x4 (up to 32 GB/s) NVMe 1.1
- Dimensions: Max. 80.15 x 22.15 x 2.38 (mm)
- Weight: Max. 10 grams
- Operating temperature 0 ° C to 70 ° C
- Memory: Samsung V-NAND
- Cache Memory: 512 MB Samsung Low Power DDR3 SDRAM
- Reliability (MTBF): 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Warranty: 5 years
Reading and writing
- Sequential Read: up to 2200 MB/sec
- Sequential Write: up to 900 MB/sec
- Random reading (4 kilobytes, QD32): up to 270,000 IOPS
- Random Write (4 kilobytes, QD32): Up to 85,000 IOPS
- Random reading (4 kilobytes, QD1): Up to 11,000 IOPS
- Random Write (4 kilobytes, QD1): Up to 43,000 IOPS
Special air function:
- GC (Garbage Collection) - Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Encryption: AES 256-bit
- Sleep mode
|Nr. of pcs in package||1|
- A must have upgrade - if your motherboard and BIOS supports it! Review by Cyrus (Posted on 15/03/2016)
Price Value Quality
I installed this on a Gigabyte Z170 G1 Gaming motherboard which has 2 x m.2 slots which can be configured in a Raid 0 array. However, i only installed 1 - this disabled SATA ports 2 and 3.
The BIOS recognized the drive instantly and i was able to install Windows 10 from a flash drive quick and painlessly in about 15 minutes.
Boot up took about 12 seconds from boot logo to desktop. I ran a CrystalDiskMark benchmark and i was achieving 2,500mb/s read speeds and 1,100mb/s write speeds.
While the speeds are incredible, in real world terms this drive isn't mind blowingly faster than an 850 Pro, or even a standard 850, unless you are working exclusively off the drive for intensive tasks.
Personally, i acquired it to utilize as an OS drive, and a for the convenience of being able to swap out my board into a new case with two less sata power/data cables to worry about, as it is mounted directly on the board. Ultimately, i wanted to future proof my gaming rig and with the OS running off the NVMe, and my games running off my old 850 Evo, i should be good for the next several years!
I must also note the outstanding service from Gear Up. I have ordered from them on 4 separate occasions and they never fail to communicate or deliver as per their policy - which as anyone will tell you is rare in this part of the world!
- Soo Fast Review by MohD (Posted on 16/01/2016)
Price Value Quality
Could copy easily a movie of 4.5 GB in 2~3 Second !!!
- Vary fast for large file copying
- Less Heat then most of other M.2 SSDs
- Fast Computer Performance Overall
- You must have your bios updated BEFORE YOU FORMAT otherwise it will not be detected in Bios Boot/ Windows Installation
- Recommended on UEFI Bios otherwise you would required to have driver ready (Also BEFORE YOU FORMAT) to install it on Windows 7+
- Not easy to setup from bios unless you know how to deal with it (PCH, CSM, PCI Expansion Configuration)
Note: Make sure your motherboard support Gen3+ of M.2 otherwise u would be limited with the speed of the M.2 Interface
If anyone want to make sure how to config M.2 from bios, please read the instruction below:
From the EZ Mode Screen go to Advanced Mode (F7)> - Under Advanced / PCH Storage Configuration – Set SATA mode to RAID (Install needs to see this in BIOS, it can be changed later. The drive comes up as AHCI in Device Manager)> -
Under Boot:> - SATA Support make sure this is “All Devices” or Windows will not restart correctly if you have any other drive connected.>
Disable Secure Boot (Windows 7 does not support secure boot)> - Clear Secure Boot Keys> -
Set OS Type to [Other Device]> - Enable CSM> - Boot Device Control —> UEFI Only> - Boot from Network Devices —> Ignore>
Boot from Storage Devices —> UEFI driver first> - Boot from PCI-E/PCI Expansion Devices —> UEFI Driver First>
You may also be interested in the following product(s)